Dauphin County Bail Fund is a non-profit community organization dedicated to freeing our community members from cages and ending the practice of Cash Bail.
Director: Alexander Domingos
Treasurer: Samantha Moore
- DecarceratePa Central Pa Chapter https://decarceratepa.info/
- National Lawyers Guild Central Pa Chapter https://www.nlg.org/
- Harrisburg Democratic Socialists of America https://www.dsausa.org/
- National Bail Fund Network https://brooklynbailfund.org/national-network/
DCBF will use the following interactive factors to evaluate whether we will assist someone who applies for our help paying bail:
- Inability to pay bail required, including lack of access to family or community resources;
- Amount of bail to be paid;
- Existing support system, such as a family member or case manager who has committed to providing assistance making court dates and/or other forms of support;
- Risk of victimization in the jail, including but not limited to: gender identity and expression (namely transgender, gender non-conforming or LGBQI people), people with disabilities, and youth or elder status;
- Special health needs such as pregnancy, chronic medical conditions, HIV-positive status, or ongoing mental health treatment;
- Dependents or other family members who may be harmed by applicant’s detention, including risk of custody loss or Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) involvement;
- Immigration status and potential immigration consequences of a criminal conviction.
- Referral through or connection to established partner organization;
- Anticipated impact of detention on applicant’s employment, housing, educational attainment, and/or custodial rights;
- Position in relation to structural violence, community disinvestment, systemic racism, survival, and resistance; and
- Willingness to assist with raising money to cover any anticipated court costs, fines, or fees that will not be refunded to the bail fund.